home news about us the heritage projects partners gallery contact
       
  Grabowiec, lubelskie

Old Jewish cemetery in Grabowiec was established in 1720. It is located on northern side of the hill called ”Dzialy Grobowieckie”, 200 meters from Wolica River. The burials took place to the end of 19th century. During the war matzevot were used to build 700-lecia St. There are no traces left after the old necropolis.

 New Jewish cemetery in Grabowiec was established in 1891 after the old one was filled. It is located on eastern end of the settlement, about 50 meters north from road to Hrubieszow, in the ravine. In spring 1942 part of Jews from Grabowiec was executed, the rest was directed to death camp in Sobibor. There are no traces left after the necropolis.

  Dotacje on-line



Recommended links
  The 'Synagogue' Center in Zamosc  
  "Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland" vol. II  
  Revitalization of the synagogue in Przysucha  
  Adopt a Jewish cemetery in Poland  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2018  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2017  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2016  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2015  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2014  
  'To Bring Memory Back' educational program  
  NEW Brochure about Przysucha synagogue renovation project  
  Chassidic Route  
  NEW Brochure about FODZ  
  'Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland' album  
  Revitalization of the synagogue complex in Krasnik  
  Anti-Semitism in Poland  


  Cemeteries database
 
 

 
  more options »  


  Galleries
 
 

 
  more »

 


  Newsletter  
  Subscribe  
   
  copy