home news about us the heritage projects partners gallery contact
       
  Jarosław, podkarpackie

The cemetery, established in 1700, was used by Orthodox Jews, perhaps
Chassidic. Significant names include the father of Rabbi Levi Icchak (no grave
marker present) and Shimon Maryles, who died in 1850. Last burial was in
1943. The landmarked cemetery is located in Kruhel Pełkiński district: isolated
suburban, flat land with no marker or sign. Reached by crossing private
property, access is open to all with wall, fence, or gate.
The cemetery is about 2.1952 ha.
About 50 gravestones remained, 20% in original location with 25%-50% toppled
or broken, dated from 1840 to 20th century. One stone is in the Muzeum
Miejskie (City Museum) and others were incorporated into roads or structures
in the city and neighborhood. Recently an ohel on the tzadikh’s grave was
rebuilt.

More information:

  Dotacje on-line



Recommended links
  The 'Synagogue' Center in Zamosc  
  "Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland" vol. II  
  Revitalization of the synagogue in Przysucha  
  Adopt a Jewish cemetery in Poland  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2017  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2016  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2015  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2014  
  'To Bring Memory Back' educational program  
  NEW Brochure about Przysucha synagogue renovation project  
  Chassidic Route  
  NEW Brochure about FODZ  
  'Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland' album  
  Revitalization of the synagogue complex in Krasnik  
  Anti-Semitism in Poland  


  Cemeteries database
 
 

 
  more options »  


  Galleries
 
 

 
  more »

 


  Newsletter  
  Subscribe  
   
  copy