home news about us the heritage projects partners gallery contact
       
  Iłża, ul. Kampanii Wrześniowej, mazowieckie

Jewish cemetery in Ilza was established in 1837. In the same year first Jews settled in town. In 1921 Jews made 33.9% of town’s population. The cemetery was destroyed during Word War II. The last burial took place in 1942. There are some fragments of broken matzevot left. The cemetery is 1.4 ha.

On May 21st 2006 there were a celebration of reopening the cemetery which was cleaned up and fenced thanks to the Foundation, Polish Jewish Cemetery Restoration Project (PJCRP) and Drildzer Congregation and Society.

  Dotacje on-line



Recommended links
  The 'Synagogue' Center in Zamosc  
  "Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland" vol. II  
  Revitalization of the synagogue in Przysucha  
  Adopt a Jewish cemetery in Poland  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2018  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2017  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2016  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2015  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2014  
  'To Bring Memory Back' educational program  
  NEW Brochure about Przysucha synagogue renovation project  
  Chassidic Route  
  NEW Brochure about FODZ  
  'Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland' album  
  Revitalization of the synagogue complex in Krasnik  
  Anti-Semitism in Poland  


  Cemeteries database
 
 

 
  more options »  


  Galleries
 
 

 
  more »

 


  Newsletter  
  Subscribe  
   
  copy