home news about us the heritage projects partners gallery contact
       
  Janowiec, lubelskie

Jewish cemetery in Janowiec is located about 300 meters east from the Main Square. It was established in the end of the 16th century. Most probably in 1580 the very first Jews settled in Janowiec. In 1921 the town was in 20% inhabited by them (261 people). The last burial on the cemetery took place in 1942. During World War II the cemetery was destroyed. Today there are no fragments of matzevot left. The area is 0.7 ha.

  Dotacje on-line



Recommended links
  The 'Synagogue' Center in Zamosc  
  "Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland" vol. II  
  Revitalization of the synagogue in Przysucha  
  Adopt a Jewish cemetery in Poland  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2017  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2016  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2015  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2014  
  'To Bring Memory Back' educational program  
  NEW Brochure about Przysucha synagogue renovation project  
  Chassidic Route  
  NEW Brochure about FODZ  
  'Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland' album  
  Revitalization of the synagogue complex in Krasnik  
  Anti-Semitism in Poland  


  Cemeteries database
 
 

 
  more options »  


  Galleries
 
 

 
  more »

 


  Newsletter  
  Subscribe  
   
  copy