home news about us the heritage projects partners gallery contact
       
  Kock, lubelskie

Jewish cemetery in Kock was established in second half of 18th century. It is located outside the town, on a little gravel road. First Jews began to settle in Kock in the half of 17th century. In 1829 tzaddik Menachem Mendl Morgensztern settled in the locality  and established his manor there. Basing on this fact the place was established as an important centre of Chassidism. In 1897 Kock was in 64% inhabited by people of Jewish origin. The last burial on the cemetery took place in 1942.  During World War II Germans devastated the cemetery. Today only 10 matzevot are preserved. They are adorned with bass-reliefs and inscriptions in Hebrew. Some of them were made from erratic stones. In 1988-90 the cemetery was renovated. The area was fenced. A new concrete ohel was erected above the grave of tzaddik Menachem Mendl Morgensztern. The area of the cemetery is 2.2 ha. More information:

  Dotacje on-line



Recommended links
  The 'Synagogue' Center in Zamosc  
  "Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland" vol. II  
  Revitalization of the synagogue in Przysucha  
  Adopt a Jewish cemetery in Poland  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2018  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2017  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2016  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2015  
  ANNUAL REPORT 2014  
  'To Bring Memory Back' educational program  
  NEW Brochure about Przysucha synagogue renovation project  
  Chassidic Route  
  NEW Brochure about FODZ  
  'Preserving Jewish Heritage in Poland' album  
  Revitalization of the synagogue complex in Krasnik  
  Anti-Semitism in Poland  


  Cemeteries database
 
 

 
  more options »  


  Galleries
 
 

 
  more »

 


  Newsletter  
  Subscribe  
   
  copy